Skip to main content

Our Earth Hour

Unlike last year, I think this year's Earth Hour was not so publicized. I just saw one ad on TV. So, I only got to know about it just a few days ago. I personally think Earth Hour's activities should be extended - with more knowledge sharing and promotions. Hubby and me have been talking about going green a lot. We are fans of Greenest Homes on TLC. We are now planning to buy bicycles to cycle to work. (Tried cycling to Kedai Mamak near our office 2 weeks ago and I survived!). And when money permits, we would like to scout around for solar panels for our home. In Malaysia, we get enough sunlight every day that can power the whole house. The Government should do something about such green technology - perhaps making them more affordable or give tax deductions. I don't think TNB will suffer much from houses installing solar panels.

Anyway, our Earth Hour activities: since Aliyah is with her Mak Long at my parents' place, Hubby and me decided to go out for dinner. At exactly 8.30pm, I switched off everything except the lights at the back of the house - for the cats. We went to my parents' place to check put on Aliyah and then went to Kajang for some satay. Actually, not so green activity because we switched off the electricity at our home but go to well-lit places instead!

The Kajang town was bursting with people - salary time - not a good time to eat-out. But we had a nice time going out from our normal vicinity. See people, hear noises, inhale the smoke and long to go back to our peaceful crib.

Comments