Skip to main content

Must Get Fit!

I had full medical check-up last week with Dr Marissa, my Kak Long's SIL. It's been years since my last check-up. At this age, it should be a yearly affair. Seems that I am quite healthy - everything OK or acceptable except that my cholesterol level is a bit on the high side. I guess that's the price to pay after sitting on my bum in front of the computer for hours and hours doing translation work for about 5 months.

I promise myself I must lose some weight and get fit. My fitness programme must take off, seriously. So, starting last Saturday, I have started on light exercises. It's either cycling with Hubby (he bought a bigger bike for Aliyah and me - the one that both of us can ride just adjusting the seat height) or playing badminton. The dusty pedometer is now my constant companion. Ever since our move to the new office - 2nd floor, 80ft x 37ft - I clock at least 2500 steps a day, some days even 5000 steps.

Hubby and me also made a pact - cereal breakfast in the morning, early lunch, light dinner. Well, we'll try to! So, no more morning trips to Kak Ruby's for nasi lemak or lontong except weekends.

Small steps now...

As for my cough, which I'm still having for the past 3 months, seems there's no infection detected. Marissa's conclusion was either I do have asthma or I have allergy. Right now I'm taking allergy pills. Nothing much changes it seem. I'm also drinking honey and lime drink, hope it works. So tired of this cough...

Comments