Skip to main content

Never Give Up

There is this chili api plant which I brought from my previous house and planted here at the new house. Very small plant. For almost one and a half years I've planted it in a pot, then replanted it on the ground, changed location a few times... Put fertilizers, changed the soil. But still, it remained a small, thin, undernourished plant.

Many, many times I wanted to simply pull out the plant and throw it into our stack of dry leaves and plants meant for compost. But I always tell myself, give it another chance. I finally replanted it at this final location and told myself - last chance. If it still remains as it is, I will pull it out. Time to start fresh with new seeds.

It's been raining the first half of Ramadhan and I didn't have much time to tend to my vegetable patch. This week, I took a good look at all the plants and found that the chili plant has sprouted flowers (not many, but still flowers!) and has one tiny chili. And today, there are now 2 small chilies growing.

Almost one and a half years after I planted it, it finally produced chilies! I am so glad I gave it a chance :)
Long live skinny chili plant!

Comments