Skip to main content

The Last Airbender

Aliyah is a die-hard fan of Avatar - the Last Airbender on Nickelodeon. I would be forced to watch the marathon cartoon starting Friday night. She has anticipated the coming of the movie since last year. And now it is finally here.

I don't know who was so eager to watch it - her Abah or Aliyah. Because Hubby decided Aliyah can cut school on Thursday and we go watch it together. Or was it the feeling of guilty because we had to park Aliyah for a sleepover at my Kak Lang's place on Wednesday night because we had a late night meeting in KL.

We tried to surprise her, but then I think she can now read our minds. The moment we parked the car at Level 1 Alamanda, she knew we would be going for a movie. (Note to self: Must find other ways to surprise her next time).

To me - the movie is very so-so. I had my expectations very low because I am not really a fan. But then I was really hoping for a M Night Shyamalan miracle after his flops. It was a very slow and boring 1/2 hour before things started to pick up a bit, and then it got stagnant. Right till the end. I really the feel the cartoon is much better, and funnier and quirkier.

Aliyah loved it. But at the end she said - "Tak puas hati" because it stopped at Book One. She also said not funny at all. Nickelodeon should make the sequel, but please not Shyamalan again.

Comments