Skip to main content

Father's Day Lunch

It's Father's Day. As usual yang suka celebrate these kind of days are me and my eldest sister. This year, decided not to buy a cake and celebrate the usual way. I suggested a lunch treat, so we went to San Francisco Pizza at Bangi. Only the 4 of us - me, Aliyah, my sister and my father.

At first we wanted to have tea at Secret Recipe because my father dah pegi kenduri kahwin, but then lalu kat Section 8 tu my sister saw the super huge bunting of beef steak promotion kat San Francisco at just RM12.90 and terus rasa nak makan sana sebab beef steak murah (my sister ni super kiasu sikit). Masa tu jugak la my father confess yang dia tak berapa makan sangat pun kat kenduri kahwin tadi (ye ke...?). And masa tu jugak la my daughter teringin nak makan spaghetti. So, makan la kat sana...

It's nice to belanja my father eat-out like that once in a while. Time for us to just listen to his stories. After that on the way back we stopped at a nursery to look around for fruit trees. Tanah my mother, yang I usahakan jadi kebun pisang tu dah berbuah, so I feel it's time to plant fruit trees. I let my father the honour of picking what fruit tree to plant, and that got him really excited. Now he wants to sketch a plan on where the trees will be planted.

Balik to my parents' place, my father ajak pegi visit the kebun pisang saying "my kebun pisang" dah banyak berbuah. He said it in pride. Even though that piece of land is in my name now, I look at it as just taking care of it. I proposed planting banana trees, he got excited, so I went ahead. He took care of the plants and yes, there are about 10 trees yang dah start berbuah and the very first one was ripe for picking. I mean, it was like a historical day la when my father potong this huge tandan of pisang kapal (what kind of name is that?). As long as he is happy, I am happy.

Comments