Skip to main content

Oprah: Anybody Can Be A Covergirl

I caught one show last Tuesday. It's the O magazine's 5th anniversary show. It's a re-run, so I'm not really sure how old the magazine is now. But for the hundredth time, I'd like to salute this amazing woman. She's so honest, approachable, warm, funny, brilliant, etc, etc...

I was feeling a little bit down that day. Woke up from sleep and saw that I have this deep wrinkle on my forehead and my eyes are like a Panda's - there're dark circles around my eyes. Rasa so very unattractive. Biasa lah - women kan. But then watching Oprah just lift up my spirits.

Know how we women always envy the covergirls on magazines? They always look so beautiful and flawless. Now, you can still continue being envy, but know now that you too can actually be that beautiful and flawless with help. Oprah, being her honest self, brought the viewers to behind "the scenes" of her photo shoot. So, I watched how she came over to the set without her make-up on (oh my!), how the whole crew worked magic on her - the make-up artists, the wardrobe people - what dress with what shoes with what jewelery, the photographer, etc, etc, etc... Even when started shooting, they actually stopped so that someone can work on her legs - putting huge amount of creams and what-nots so that her legs look sexy.

The outcome? She looked fantastic! In the end she said - "You too can look as good if you have 28 people working on you. I don't look like that everyday!".

I feel much, much better.

Comments