Skip to main content

Raschit's Wedding

Finally, a colleague and good friend of mine Raschit got married. The reception was last Friday night at the Grand Bluewave Hotel, Shah Alam. So, who is this Raschit guy? A very colourful person I must say. I've worked with him for years and over the time, I've come to know this wonderful man quite well. He's from Myanmar, dark skinned, a bit short, a bit plump, a true gentleman, a devout Muslim, an excellent project manager, a good friend, well-liked and quite funny. It's amazing that for a foreigner, he blended very well with our culture and one would almost always forget that he's not a Malaysian.

And talk about differences in culture, Raschit's beautiful bride has Malay-Irish blood. And being graduates of UIA, the result was a truly colourful and international wedding reception. As I walked into the room, there are people of various nationalities, skin colour and religion. I could hear multiple-languages being spoken. We were greeted by his friends I believe, who looked like Arabs with a few Africans, the bride's relatives came all the way from Ireland and we can see them occupying a few tables. Then, us from SKALI - the normal blends of Malay and Chinese. The doa was recited by Ustad Ghulam, whom I got to know from the IIDL project. It was a wonderful atmosphere.

We sat with Aimy and hubby, Megat and wife, Nazri and Razak. It was good to see faces from the company whom I've not met for some time. Hajar and e-Peng came with their new slim post-pregnancy figures. And Azmi was there too. Food was so-so. Sarah threw up after eating bread and butter. Dinner was served quite late, she must have gotten wind in her stomach. I spent almost the next 2 hours trying to get myself and Sarah clean and clear of the smell. She ate butter for God's sake, that really smell awful. Thank God the people at our table are all parents, I believe they understand :)

Comments