Skip to main content

When One is Betrayed

Betrayal. Such a strong word. But that's exactly how I felt. Betrayed. I wonder what I did to deserve it. I thought I've given all I can - my efforts, my time, my thoughts, my money, my support... Everything I can ever offer. I even resigned to give way for him to move on to the next level. So that I won't stand in the way of him achieving success. That's how much sacrifice I have made. But still it doesn't seem enough. Still I was betrayed.

I can list out the events. I don't like digging out the past. But if I were to list them all, no sane person would give him a second chance. The numerous times he has betrayed me. The ones I know, aware of, stumbled upon... There may be more hiding inside his closet. The ones I have yet to discover. The ones I might not even discover. I hope I won't find them. It will just hurt me more.

Things might look too monetary, materialistic. If I were to bring it up, that's exactly what he would say. It's about money. No, it's not. It's about the actions taken that involve the money. That's what matters. If you love someone, you wouldn't do that. You wouldn't even think of doing it. You would tell, talk, inform... I am not the kind of person who will jump, scream and swear. I would ask questions - why. I would ask questions - how. I might be difficult, but I am always practical and understanding. I would bend in eventually. But not telling is the biggest form of betrayal especially when I have very high regard and trust. I don't trust any other people than I trust him. He even know my PIN number. He carries my credit card around. He can open up my purse anytime. That's how much trust I have in him.

This is the last straw. My trust has been broken to pieces.