Skip to main content

Safely Home After an Awesome Adventure

I'm back 😄. Took me a day to recover from the trip. It was a 4D/4N trip to Kota Kinabalu. Siapa geng travel kali ni? Achik-achik itu lah juga - Jay, Ies, Shake and I. We took night flights to KK on 31 January (separate flights about 1 hour apart), and came back on 4 February, also night and separate flights.

Our itinerary:
31 Jan: overnight at a homestay about 10 minutes from the airport
1 - 2 Feb: Tegudon Tourism Village
3 Feb: Sapi & Gaya Islands
4 Feb: Pasar Tamu and back home

As usual, it was truly an adventure. Crazy, nerve-wrecking but totally worth it! Sabah is just awesome. Beautiful and mythical. In Tegudon, that cold morning when I gazed at Gunung Kinabalu from afar, I truly understood why the mountain has such a special place in the hearts of many. The mountain rises majestically under the shimmering morning sun, looking so regal and bold, and I was left with this flood of emotions that I could not describe. Simply breath-taking.

We did the crazy things I think no other 46-year old friends would do 😁. In Tegudon we did tube-rafting over rapids, tried bamboo rafting and crossed the hanging suspension bridge - twice! At Pulau Gaya we ziplined to Pulau Sapi screaming all the way to the other side!

As usual, I'll be writing about my adventure. A glimpse of our trip...
We were taken on a private tour by Jay's brother. This is the view from UiTM looking over the rumah air, port and TLDM base.
Achik Ies nyanyi lagu Jambatan Tamparuli 😎
Singgah Pekan Nabalu - Gunung Kinabalu lookout. Masa ni tak nampak Gunung Kinabalu pun.
We fell in love at first sight with Tegudon...
Lama betul tak camping 😅
Majestic Gunung Kinabalu under the morning sun...
Crossing suspension bridge to the paddy fields. Adehh... kecut perut...
Cari pasal naik zip line 😅
   
Will continue soon. Still recuperating 😜.

#travel #kotakinabalu

Next: 31 Jan 2018 - KK, Here We Come

Comments