Skip to main content

Home Maker / Part-timer

I'm officially a home maker / part-timer. We no longer run the bike shop. It was excellent on the first year, but things started to decline last April when GST was implemented. Then our ringgit fell and for us with low capital to buy stocks... It was difficult. And to sell things was also difficult.

Price of things was kept to a minimum but still people kept on asking for discounts. I guess at one point, when I received this customer from hell who persistently asked for discounts and then came back to the return what he bought because it didn't fit his child's bike and demanded his money back without feeling any guilt, I took it as a sign from Allah that I am not fit for to face this kind of people. I would love to just sedekah the item to him if he came on a motorbike and showed signs that he was poor. But he drove a car and he was rude. 

We did stock clearance sale, managed to make some money, used it to pay debts to some people. The rest of the stuff, our bike shop friend will buy almost all for him to start a new shop in Banting. Now, I'm supposed to list out the stocks (malasnya!).

However, alhamdulillah, things have been quite smooth lately. Hubby is now fully attached to that project until January. I have settled some urgent payments to partners using the money I got from that sale of "thing". Niat selling it was to pay off as much debts as I could and to help anybody who needs help. I also have wakaf quite a hefty sum for my loves ones, my mother and those who have left us. Our office is now rented out (or sub-let) and after paying the monthly rent, I have a few hundreds of extra. Boleh lah bayar bills.

And alhamdulillah, I have my own projects. Two have been completed and waiting payment, another is going to be end of the month (another urgent translation work), and insyaallah another translation work next month. The gap between the work is about 1-2 weeks. So I have free time for myself (yeay!). Hmmm... maybe I should finish my novel! 

Alhamdulillah ya Allah. I feel so blessed. After years of hardships, things are starting to get better. We even managed to get our house repaired and replace those items yang dah lama rosak. Insyaallah, we will not be selling the house. Home sweet home :).

I believe Allah answered my mother's doa. Every morning before I go back after mandikan my mother, I would "force" her to doa for me. Hehehe... she would say, "semoga panjang umur, murah rezeki, sihat badan". I would sometimes tease her, asking her to repeat! And she would :). Love my mom...

Comments