Skip to main content

Loss of An Ex-Colleague

Last night I got news from our ex-company FB group that another ex-colleague passed away. Fadil Halim. He was 47. Very young I must say. While I still think of Atom who passed a few months ago, another loss is very much felt.

He was one of the pioneers of my previous company. After the turn-around, he was in charged of the data centre, handling the handful of boys. Projects would make us work together despite being in different departments. Most notably was the Brunei project as he was the lead there. I remember him as someone quite stern but warm and funny at the same time. He was very strict with the boys, but never with us from DC0, as we fondly call the office without the machines :). My days in Brunei were always made easy by him and another ex-colleague, Zuhdi.

He moved on I think around the same time that I resigned. At first he started his own company and then joined the management team of a treated water company. He once visited Hubby and I at our office for a chat a few years ago. I remember he was genuinely proud that we both managed to stay being entrepreneurs while he said he had to move on. Getting a praise from someone like him was rare, thus I felt appreciated.

My heart still feels heavy with sadness. I now think of the crazy days with our previous company, when us pioneers were very close-knit. At the office, we were family.

Al Fatihah Mohd Fadilah Halim.

Comments