Skip to main content

Cuba Jadi Baik

I am a fan of Syed Azmi. Yup, the "touch the dog" guy. Personally, I don't see any harm in touching a dog. Masa belajar tak pernah jumpa yang touch a dog tu haram. Kalau touch tangan basah, bulu dia kering or vice versa pun masih tak jatuh hukum haram pun. Kena sucikan najis berat dengan sertu. That's it. Kena kejar dengan dog is a totally different story. That's why I have pepper spray in my bike bag.

Despite all the negative comments about him by keyboard warriors yang percaya diri mereka adalah makhluk Allah yang paling mulia dan ada chop "confirm masuk syurga" kat dahi masing-masing, Syed Azmi has inspired thousands of people to do good. In the simplest little ways. Buat baik bukan berat. Maklumlah, nak derma 2.6 billion akak memang tak mampu. Tapi, kalau buat yang mudah-mudah tu, insyallah boleh.

Tapi nak start buat something totally different, in ways yang diri sendiri tak pernah terfikir nak buat, is seriously not easy. Thus the reason why I have so much respect towards Syed Azmi. He is one in a million.

Anyway, hari ni lepas kayuh terus ke kedai. Ya Allah, penatnya rasa badan. Lama sangat tak kayuh jauh. By 1pm, perut pun dah berbunyi. Finally decided that I will take Aliyah out for lunch and tapau for Hubby. Despite giving ample time for my daughter to get ready, I had to wait 15 minutes for her to come down from her room. The weather was hot, I was having a throbbing headache and I got really pissed off. I was too tired to scold Aliyah. In the car, I told her how disappointed I am that she doesn't have any respect for other people's time. And that's not the first time. She's always late. And I said how sad I am. Because I am beyond angry, I told her. I am so so angry, I just feel so sad. I just don't have the energy to take the crap.

We went to KFC for lunch. I was so angry in the car, I lost my appetite. I thought of buying her lunch and sending her back to the house, despite making plans to go see my Kak Long and her Abang Ijam. I was so sick of her taking so long to get ready, every time we plan to go out. But then, I was too tired to continue being angry. I just walked into KFC, with Aliyah on tow. We lined up behind these 2 girls, I think of age around 11-12 years old. When it's their turn, I saw them ordering 2 Milo and 1 Cheezy wedges. That's all. My turn came. I ordered but I kept thinking about the 2 girls. What if they could only afford those? But what if their parents are rich and they just want to have a drink together? But what if they really are not well-off and have only enough money to buy what they bought? But what if they have money but simply stopped by for quick snack? Suddenly I heard my own voice ordering extra meal for the girls.

I took our meals upstairs, stopped by the 2 girls' table and handed them that extra plate of 2 pieces of fried chicken and fries. They gave me a puzzled look. I just smiled and said, "aunty belanja". A few minutes later, they came to my table with the plate. One of them asked me, "aunty belanja betul-betul ke?". I said, "Ya, makanlah". The one holding the plate held out her hand. I took it. We salam and she kissed my hand. The other one looked at me shyly. I gestured for them to eat and they went back to their table.

Despite my thoughts earlier, I felt good. I mean, I was in such a bad mood when I came in and I instead of letting my anger ruined my day, I made someone else's day. And Aliyah apologised for her behaviour. So, it doesn't matter even if they kids have more money in their pockets than I do. Perhaps they actually do! But I had a good day. And a full tummy. And my headache went away immediately after the meal :)

Comments