Skip to main content

Doa Untuk Kawan

Our friend Asrul or fondly called Atom is now in ICU due to TB and lung infection. Hubby and I finally got the chance to visit him today during lunch hour at Serdang Hospital. We could only watch him from the glass window. He's in induced coma. He looks so frail and thin breathing from support machine. I didn't get to meet his wife or relatives. There were too many people outside the ICU I couldn't ask around. I also didn't catch any familiar faces of friends. I guess we both came quite early.

Atom attended our launching last March. He looked tired and thin but as jovial as always. He's one of the pioneer of my previous company. I worked with him throughout my 8 years there and then as partners after I started my own business. We are quite close in a way, always helping each other. Our last project together was the Miros enhancement work last December.

I pray he will get well soon. His wife and children must be missing him very much. Insyaallah Atom will wake up soon.

Me being at Serdang Hospital today brought back the memories of my father's last days there. When I walked along the familiar corridor, I felt my chest tighten. My breath quicken and I felt like the corridor slowly close on me. It was really hard containing my emotion of seeing Atom lying there in coma with me getting this panic attack. Yes, it was panic attack. Not very good.

Comments