Skip to main content

Berangan New Project

A friend shared one very interesting video a few days ago and ever since I've been having all these ideas in my head for a new project. I memang banyak idea. Nak buat je slow sikit sebab tak ada modal :(. However, this is something I got very passionate about. Because it would be one of the first toys I would've bought for Aliyah if I knew it existed. Some 13 years ago that is!

Back then, we did buy her toys that stimulated her senses. I remember one of my ex-bosses Ida gave this caterpillar cloth book that Aliyah really loved. Know what, that little caterpillar still exists! Another toy she loved as a baby was this Chicken that has a belly full of small balls that she loved to shake. With small wings that has this funny texture. I think there's aluminium foil in it. And the chicken, too, still exists.

Anyway, this morning Aliyah went to Festival Belia with her friend, chaperoned by her elder sisters. So, I had time for myself. And I experimented based on my "lessons" on YouTube these few days. Despite not having worked with needles and thread for years (the last time was when I went crazy over doing cross-stitch after SPM), and using the cheap and flimsy needle and thread (emergency sewing kit) and cut-out from Aliyah's old school T Shirt, I actually made my first simple soft toy. Or kawaii as such is apparently called.
   It took me 30 minutes to do this. I believe this would look better if I use the thick thread normally used for cross-stitch. All recycled - yellow material cut out from Aliyah school sports T shirt when she was 9, the button from my old pajamas top.

Comments