Skip to main content

Alhamdulillah, Aliyah is Well...

It has been a few days full of anxiety for both of us. Aliyah recovered from her fever on Wednesday last week. Well enough to take her to the movies. But she still got tired easily. Thursday morning - I found rashes on her hands and feet. We went to the clinic again and got her blood checked. She was OK, just her skin was really dry. We suspected those were reactions from her allergy. Friday morning we got the test result. Her platelet count was only 100. Doctor siap tanya nak dia refer hospital mana.

So I did what a mother would do - first, lecture her for not drinking enough water as I asked her to. That platelet count was so low and dangerous. I guess after seeing me went mad, she got the message and started to drink. Hubby went to search for pucuk betik, I went to buy crabs. Let me tell you a secret. I never, ever cooked crabs before. I don't really eat crabs. Kalau keluar makan, biasanya Hubby akan bagi sikit untuk I rasa sebab tak reti nak makan. Apa tah lagi nak masak. I beli 3 ekor. Kat dapur dok belek-belek ketam tu, tengok mata dia. Macam mana nak siang ketam nih? Good thing I suka tengok AFC. So, teringat balik entah Chef mana pernah tunjuk cara-cara nak siang ketam. Akhirnya jumpa the right spot untuk "kepak" shell dia. So, I masak sup - letak lots of ginger, serai, bawang putih & merah.

After we made sure Aliyah had her dose of pucuk betik, gallons of 100+ and sup ketam, baru pegi ambik referral letter kat klinik. (Aliyah siap muntah minum jus pucuk betik, which I sternly told her - I don't care, you drink some more, I told you since last week to drink lots of water but you didn't, etc, etc). We then went to Hospital Serdang. She had another blood test. As usual, Jabatan Kecemasan mana pernah tak ada orang, so we waited for nearly 3 hours just to see the doctor for 5 minutes. Her 2nd test showed 116. Slight increase. So, the doctor said no need to get her warded if she could eat and drink. Alhamdulillah...

The next day, continued with more ketam, kali ni tomyam ketam pulak. Janji Aliyah makan. And she drank bottles of juices and 100+. Boleh pulak... Yesterday we even took her to Sushi King. She ate like crazy. Appetite baru nak datang balik. We didn't go back to the hospital. I told myself, we will make sure she eats and drinks. Insyallah, she will get better. This morning went to the clinic for final blood test. The rashes are still there walaupun dah kurang. Dapat MC 2 hari. Just 5 minutes ago I got a call from the clinic - Aliyah's platelet is normal again. Alhamdulillah...

It has been a crazy week. One night while she was sleeping, I did a reading on people's experience getting dengue - almost all have the same story (same as my experience) - the pain, the suffering. But Aliyah didn't show any of those. Yes, she had body pain, but bearable. She had fever, also bearable. My conclusion was - she has high tolerance to pain. Dia tak rasa sakit sangat. Which really is very dangerous. Her platelet might have dropped to below 100 but we were not aware of it because she wasn't in pain. Ya Allah... I cringe to think if it ever went down below 100. We never got to know.

Comments