Skip to main content

8 March 2014 - What a Day...

What a day, what a day... One of the most hectic days ever.

The morning started early. At 7.30am, went with Hubby and the school's cycling club chief to plan the route for SMK BSP's cycling activity on Sunday. The route from school and back home (for me, while both of them continued back to school) was 17kms. Both road and off-road. We identified the check points where marshals will have to be posted, the dangerous places, etc. I went back straight home because I had to fetch my Kak Long from my mother's place at 10am.

With about 20mins to spare, I went home. Baru letak bike, dapat notification from my Awani apps - MH370 went missing. My jaw dropped. When was the last time our plane went down? In the 70s right? I then spent the next half and hour in front of the TV, getting all the updates. The incident just grabbed my heart. I guess because we were going to fetch my brother Angah and the others at the airport in just a few hours. So close to our hearts.

Lepas saja fetched my sister, kena hantar Aliyah pulak. My daughter went for her first all-girls jalan-jalan to Alamanda. Setelah bagi reminders berbakul-bakul, I sent her to her friend's house. One of the mothers will be sending them. Lepas tu terpacak depan TV lagi sambil tangan melayan WhatsApp and surfing websites. We planned to go a bit early. We left at 1.30pm. By the time we reached the airport, tinggal 5mins before the plane landed. Kereta agak banyak. Lunch pun entah ke mana. Semua orang anxious. I didn't go to the departure hall to check out what's happening. Tak sanggup rasa. Dan tak boleh bayangkan perasaan waris-waris passengers.

We waited for over an hour for Angah and the rest to come out. Lamanya... Punyalah penat. After that singgah masjid KLIA for Asar. Then balik. Singgah lunch kat Alif. Dekat 5.30pm baru dapat makan... Right after, terus ke Alamanda to fetch the girls. By the time I reached home, it was almost 8pm. Baru lah dapat duduk. Penat cycling pagi tadi belum hilang, tambah dengan penat menunggu di airport, tambah dengan penat jadi driver jemput dan hantar the girls balik rumah masing-masing... Sigh...

I guess penat ditambah dengan rasa anxious about the fate of MH370. As i type this, the status has not changed. Tadi on the way to work dengar doa yang sangat sayu di Ikim.fm. Rasa nak menitik air mata... Ya Allah, kau lindungilah mereka...
When we saw these 2 emerged, terus rasa lega sangat-sangat...

Comments