Skip to main content

Our CSR Activity

Today we conducted basic mountain biking class to SMK BSP's Kelab Basikal. Our CSR project. The first activity for the school that I joined. Selalunya Hubby dan Archot yang pergi. At 8am (we were a bit late), berkumpul di sekolah. Hubby gave briefing on the day's activity. Then, we cycled to the nearby park in front of Vista Apartment. I think there were about 30 students with various types of bikes. Ada a few "regulars" with high end MTB bikes (who, despite their age, regularly join the adults for biking activities), some low ends, some BMX and fixies. The club's advisor used the school's folding bike.

As we reached the park, I saw a girl having difficulty handling her bike. Rupanya handle longgar. Tools pula tak bawak. So I lent my bike to her. Let her experience the adrenalin rush of going up and down the hills. And I spent the next 1 hour with the club advisor, listening to her story.

Anyway, it was a fun activity. And tiring. Sure budak-budak tu penat balik rumah. One interesting thing is that after years of leaving the education field, I got to be called "Cikgu". Hehehe... Another interesting thing - I greeted the school's GPK HEP who looked quite pleased that I was around. He said I could accompany the club's advisor who just transferred to the school. He then said that Azita, one of the school's teachers, told him that both Hubby and I were teachers before and he was surprised. I told him it's true, that she's one year our junior. He said no wonder the way Hubby teaches the students "macam dah biasa je". I could see a sparkle of new found respect in his manner.
 Cikgu Fairuz bagi briefing. He said "today, boleh panggil saya Chief!".
 Lepas demo macam mana nak panjat bukit, seorang demi seorang kena panjat. Tinggi juga ni...
 Berkumpul semula. Lepas ni kena turun bukit pulak.
 Practise turun bukit yang comel dulu. Kalau MTB memang kacang je. Tapi other bikes, seriau juga I tengok. Siap doa semoga budak-budak ni selamat.
Such a beautiful morning... Masa ni Hubby bawak siapa yang larat pusing satu huge circle at Legundi dan naik semula bukit yang agak tinggi. Yang tak larat, stayed back and waited.

Comments