Skip to main content

Morning Routine Till Next Week

Sejak semalam, morning routine ialah ke my parents' place untuk mandikan my mother. Alhamdulillah ada pembantu - Along Iwan, my nephew. Kalau I nak angkat my mother macam hari tu agak menyeksa badan. Stamina tak cukup, kederat pun tak seberapa (dah tua!). Nabil kata - "beralih buah pinggang". Nowadays, we make a pact to meet at 9am+. And the routine is smooth. Along angkat gi toilet, I mandikan, dia angkat semula ke katil, I siapkan. The whole process usually takes about 30 minutes. I usually would bring simple breakfast from home - these days french toast - for her to nibble throughout the day.

Despite occasional protests from my mother like refusing to take a bath fearing I might be late for work, I sternly ensure that her morning routine is not disrupted. So, bath is a must! Also try to massage her a bit especially her legs. She requested for her tongkat to be put nearby. I don't think she would use it very soon but that's the spirit we want from her.

Every time I go back, I think of the whole process and it just breaks my heart. Life truly is a cycle. Bathing her, wiping her clean and dry, putting on antiseptic talcum, putting on her diapers, fussing over her protests, putting on baby powder on her body, compact powder on her face, hair cream, putting on her socks, etc... If she refuses to do something, kena pujuk. I believe just like what she did to me when I was a baby. Exactly. The only difference is - when I kiss her goodbye, she would say "mak doakan yang baik-baik ya, semoga semua selamat, murah rezeki...". Kadang-kadang I saja usik - "ulang lagi Mak!". She would repeat the same doa. "Mak, ulang lagi satu kali!". And she would repeat!

The process memang memenatkan. Seriously. Now I know how Kak Ros feels every morning. Memang drain one's energy. But then, since it's hazy and hot these days and I couldn't go out to cycle, I guess bathing my mother is the perfect exercise. Better. Tengok muka dan cium ibu insyaallah dapat pahala. Doa dari seorang ibu tak ada hijab. Alhamdulillah, these days walaupun financially tak lah memberangsangkan tapi daily life sangat mudah. Duit dalam purse sentiasa ada walaupun dah lama tak gi ATM keluar duit. Pelik... (Hubby bagi sikit-sikit actually! Hehehe.. sikit tapi itu lah rezeki yang luas sebab cukup untuk bagi duit belanja pada Aliyah, makan-makan...).

Urusan pun mudah selalu. Alhamdulillah, pagi tadi dapat call dari that favourite agency that the annual report translation project is confirmed :). Dan Allah mudahkan urusan - tak payah pegi meeting pun sebab client busy kena entertain visitors from World Bank katanya. Yeay, tak payah drive pegi PJ, spend on petrol and toll, meredah traffic jam pergi dan balik... Lega... This week dapat another job offer from that usual contact. I told him I'll be busy till June. Tengah dok pikir juga. Come June, if the iBook is completed, the shop can run smoothly, Aliyah dah boleh dilepaskan untuk manage dirinya sendiri, who knows... Maybe I can take up a full-time project for a few months? Never know. June is still a long way to go.

Comments