Skip to main content

We Got It! (Masih Rasa Tak Percaya)

Alhamdulillah... Our hard work and wait and patience for the last 2 years have borne fruit. I checked my email at 3pm and got the most welcomed news. Hubby replied an email to MCMC thanking for the assistance and opportunity. Then, another email from him to me congratulating me on the receipt. Yes, we finally got the grant :).

It took so long. Many times I felt like deleting the huge file named "mysa" on my laptop. It was a dream to create something for Aliyah that span to become a huge plan that went through ups and downs which affect my work and personal life. At first I was too confident and excited. I thought it was our platform to expand. I roped in someone whom I believe shares the passion. I believe "mysa", as I named it, will be a success overnight. "Mysa" taught me a lot about people - a huge lesson learned. It also taught a lot about being at the bottom of the stairs with almost nothing to be proud of. It taught be that in the end, the people that I can trust and stayed behind are those whom I call not only friend, but considered as part of family. It taught me about faith, that I must never stop praying and believing.

I stared at the email for minutes. I couldn't move. I thought ours was a gone case. But the letter was there staring at me. The letter that might have a different impact 2 years ago. I believe Allah has better plans. This exact time - 2 years later - perhaps is the perfect time. I really can't say the idea is "brilliant" after 2 years. But I guess we can revisit the whole plan and start working towards making it a reality.

Alhamdulillah...

Comments