Skip to main content

Fav Comic Strip

By now, Calvin & Hobbes can be categorised as "classic". Until now, the strip continued to appear in The Star. I am a die-hard fan. I just think the strip is simply brillant. Calvin & Hobbes are more than just comic characters. Those two are like your friends. When the cartoonist Bill Watterson announced his retirement, I was like - "noooooo...". What's the use of buying The Star anymore! I dreaded his last strip. And when it finally appeared, I felt like I lost my best friends. This week, a painting of (possibly how he would look like) an adult Calving holding Hobbes was published. Looking at it just bring tears to my eyes. Imagine that - what would the adult Calvin think when he took Hobbes from his old box of toys. I can only imagine - all the times they spent together on their numerous adventures :).
Sedih tau tengok gambar ni...
I have four C&H books. At times, reading the comic feels like reading a motivational book. I must read these again and re-live the adventure! After all, the last line of the strip says - "It's a magical world , Hobbes ol' buddy. Let's go exploring!".

Comments