Skip to main content

Show Your Love When Your Loved Ones Still Around

Before I start - this is my posting number 1000!

The passing of my friend Linda Said (her FB name) just days ago is still being felt. FB certainly brings social interaction to the next level, even after one's death. While we, her friends, still feel her lost in our hearts, her legacy lives on. While we might think we know someone, a person's personality has many facets. That is something I just learned. We might know a person as a "friend", but the person is also a "mother", a "wife", a "colleague", an "aunty", etc. And the postings on her FB wall show the side of the person we don't know - an amazing step-mom, a respected boss, a colleague with a big heart, a loving wife...

Her FB is very much active. Someone has been changing her profile photo every other day. (I suspect her hubby.) Condolence messages are posted every day. And what touched my heart is that her husband has been posting on her wall every few hours - how he misses her, being lost without her, the pain he's going through... Her husband was not around when she passed. He was in Australia preparing for another of their moves. I can't imagine how he feels.

A friend said, "If only such love was showered when she was around". I don't know what she meant. But one thing for sure - show your love when your loved ones are still around...

Comments