Skip to main content

Solo Drive

I ni sebenarnya agak clumsy. Kadang-kadang kalau I buat perangai clumsy, Aliyah akan cakap - "You clumsy woman!". Adoii... My trip to Kuantan started clumsily but I thank Allah that I have such a wonderful Kak Long who took care of all the loopholes for me. I stayed late at the office on Tuesday till 8.30pm waiting for the heavy rain to stop and also to wait for one tenant to pay his overdue rent. But he didn't show up. Dah lah cash ngam-ngam je for the trip. After dinner, we went to PJ. Isi minyak almost full tank and then realised - I'm not going to drive this car to Kuantan lah, I'm borrowing my sister's!". Sungguh membazir minyak! By the time we reach PJ, it was 10pm+ and I was too tired to do anything much.

But my sister had prepared everything. Isi minyak full tank, top-up TnG (even though I insisted not to use) and she even put Sudirman CD on for me to listen to (knowing that I love Sudirman songs and somewhere at the LPT stretch radio signal sucks). Lurve you sis.

The meeting was only 30mins... (as expected!). Datuk yang nak chair meeting ada urgent matters pulak (also, as expected!). So, there I was - drove 3 long hours to an half an hour meeting. One hour later - after 2 ketul kuih talam dan 1 cawan teh panas, and listening to some inside news about the organisation (they gossip, I listen) - was back on the road for another 3 hours of driving. Sigh... bila agaknya nak upgrade to video conference call?
Pergi sendiri, balik pun sendiri... Such a beautiful day... Honestly, I always enjoy trips to Kuantan. The long drive allows for my mind to relax a bit, while listening to some good music (this time around Sudirman oldies...), and get some inspiration. But LPT actually is such a quiet stretch on workdays and quite dangerous for a sole woman driver like me. Tawakkal kepada Allah...

Comments