Skip to main content

BFF Getting Married

My good friend Yatt is getting married :). I am so so happy for her. I remember a couple of years ago when she just moved to her condo, we sat and talked for hours about life, work and men. She said that she always prays she will one day marry the right man. I then asked her a question that made her silent for a few minutes - "Tell me the one reason why you want to get married". She pondered for a few minutes and replied, "That's a very good question. I actually have not thought of it". She then said perhaps she wanted someone to share her life with, a person she can come home to and talk about the things that happen that day. I told her, "I think that is a good reason to want to get married. And you should. As long as you know why you are taking the plunge". I just don't want her to succumb to the pressure of having to get married pinned down by the society. Getting married is not compulsory. And marriage is a lot of work.

Speaking of a lot of work, she engaged my help to accompany her to buy stuff for her wedding next January. So, yesterday she came over, armed with the delicious Lontong Pasar Datuk Keramat (seriously so yummy!), and after Zohor we went to Nilai 3. Of course my experience helping my Kak Long prepare of Nizam's wedding a few years ago proved to be useful. We spent 3 hours finding things and shopping, which she then realised will not be her one and only visit. There'll be another session next month.  

Comments