Skip to main content

Song: Bohemian Rhapsody

I'm still at the office alone and I'm playing this song full blast with my headphone on. While I'm supposed to be working... This is the best version of the live concert I can find on YouTube. I have the version downloaded on MP3 but can't beat watching the live concert.

To me, this song is the best song ever written. Ever. I first got acquainted with it in my teens when my Abang Ben came back from UK bringing home loads of LPs. Yes, the huge black ones. I was curious because the song was actually banned here, or so I heard last time due to the mention of Bismillah. After listening to it for the first time, I thought - this is such a "different" song. And I used to play it when my nephew and niece went to school.

Now, I know that "different" actually refers to "brilliant". There's an analysis of it here. The song has no chorus and the operatic passage is intended as a mock opera. Full of emotions. Very difficult to record.

Play it full blast. You can feel your heart being shaken towards the end of the opera section and then the fireworks got off and the crowd just screamed and jumped. Wow...



[Ignore the 2nd half of the song. But the HD version is really good].

Comments