Skip to main content

Prove To Be Very Useful Indeed

In 2009, I co-wrote a book with my staff Hajar. It was about building an e-business for this productivity-related agency. It was just a small book, about 70 pages thick, but with very in-depth research and interviews. It took us a full 3-month to finish it. It was since published and apparently out of print. I think about 1,000 copies were distributed. We were given 3 complimentary copies. Since I co-wrote and edited the book, I never really opened the book when I received it. I just put the books on our bookshelf at the office and forgot about them. I happen to have the softcopy, so no big deal. Lagipun, orang kata apa - "dah nak muntah tengok buku tu!". Hehehe...

However, these past months have required me to take the book, read it and use it - for other projects. And surprisingly, the book is so very useful! The flow is easy to understand, the examples clear, the success stories inspiring and the tips are quite good. No, I'm not putting myself in a basket and lifting it (literally - masuk bakul angkat sendiri). Seriously. And I just noticed the testimony at the back by the chairman of ICT Bureau of SMI Assoc of Malaysia - "It is my greatest relieve to encounter a truly passionate e-business initiative which integrates countless efforts, intelligence and various insights with excellent examples...". Very deep :)

And I thought to myself - I actually have written a book! Well, even though my name is not on the cover, but it was written by me! Nice... That drove me to dig back my countless book drafts and perhaps I should pursue this writing thingy. So, now I have this draft I'm working on, which I really hope I'll be able to follow through. If that e-biz book took us 3 months, if i really put my efforts together, perhaps I can finish it by Ramadhan...?

Comments