Skip to main content

Belated Birthday to Meee...

Yup, I celebrated my entry to the big 40 last 20th September. No celebration. We just started a project and that day was the kick-off meeting. Financially pun tengah merundum ni. Aliyah made me a big red card with the words - "Sorry tahun ni tak ada hadiah". Hehehe... Love you lots anyway. Hubby sent me a poem - the kind of poem that he used to write years ago :). Love you lots too.

My in-laws threw me and Hubby a surprise birthday "party" the 2nd week of Raya. That Saturday, my youngest SIL called saying they are coming over before going back to Melaka. A few minutes later, my MIL called saying Angah's family are also coming over but just cook rice because they will bring over lauk-lauk. After Hubby came back from his ride, the other 2 BIL also called saying they're coming over. Call that an impromptu Hari Raya Open House! Just that I only prepared the venue :). After makan-makan, they brought out a cake for both of us. So sweet :). And finally that night, the last SIL came over.

My thoughts with the now big four O? I just feel blessed. So blessed in fact. All these challenges I've been facing, even though painful, but led to beautiful outcomes. The outcomes may not be monetary, but they make me stronger, calmer, and I hope being transformed into a better person. Someone once said, "Allah duga orang yang terpilih sahaja...". And I'm glad I am the chosen one. And after all the hardships and tears and God only knows what, alhamdulillah things have started to get better. I have managed to secure a project to last us insyaallah for the next one year. And this morning, my favourite agency called saying our proposal has been accepted by their management. Alhamdulillah...

Comments