Skip to main content

A New Home for Mimi

No more cats I said! But my little girl is so lonely without a cat. She said she's so used of having a cat and misses having one. Yesterday night, after dinner, she wanted to drop by our Vet's place. I just waited outside. No way I'm going to look-see look-see a cat.

There was this conversation between the Vet (Dr Saudi), Sazali and Hubby and finally I got called in. There was this little cat on the counter - 3 colours, female. Cute. Naughty. Yea, yea... no feelings. At first. Then, they started to tell stories about the cat - named Hop Kitty (what kind of a name is that?). She was brought to them a few months ago by her owner - with literally a hole on her head and wounds here and there. Apparently, she was beaten. When she got well, the owner took her back. A few weeks later, Dr Saudi and Sazali were eating at this mamak restaurant at Seri Putra when they saw this Pakcik kedai trying to beat a small cat with a stick. Sazali said he quickly saved the cat and brought it back. His staff was the one who recognised the cat. It was Hop Kitty. They suspected that the owner threw her away.

Now the cat is recovering. The wounds are healing. Scars everywhere. Her right eye is damaged due to the blow to her head. She's about 4 months old. Medium hair.

We discussed. And discussed. And my little girl pleaded. The Vet showed Bella - the Persian cat who liked me (Dr Saudi said I was the only person he knew that the cat warmed up to) but we don't feel that's the right cat for us. Yes, Persians are beautiful. But we don't want beautiful cat (with smashed looking nose!). We like normal cats that we can "connect" to. (Well, it'll be nice if we can "connect" to a Persian, but so far - they are just too snobbish!).

We visited the cat again in the afternoon. I had a long good look. I don't mind the damaged eye. Feels so sad that people actually beat up cats - in this case, a kitten. I told myself - let's give this little cat a home so that she'll be loved. Even with one eye! So, today we welcome Hop Kitty to our home, now renamed by Aliyah as MIMI.

I really hope nobody would steal a one-eyed cat!
This is Mimi. I was advised not to take pictures of my cats. Orang tua-tua kata nanti hilang. I don't believe that lah. Anyway, I think Mimi is a bit homesick. But now she's at my feet sleeping.

Comments

dcharmed said…
congrats aliyah! u got new cat now... well kak, congrats to u too... finally mimi find a home now!
abgben said…
moga Allah berkati niat Neeza sekeluarga. Long live Mimi.

Cakap kat vet tu jgn makan kat restoran yg pukul kucing. they don't deserve duit cat lovers.
Aniza said…
thank you. glad to provide a home for a battered cat. kesian sgt tengok dia. tapi kelakar gak. bila dia kejar bola sure terlanggar dinding sebab tak boleh gauge distance! hehehe...