Skip to main content

A Long Long Walk

I did mention in the last post about "this talk about cycling and walking" to the new office. Since my fitness programme has been shelved for months - with all these valid excuses such as deadlines, cough and the likes, I believe I must kick start that programme before my kgs reach that dreaded number on the scale (adalah this number that is very close already).

So, this morning, Hubby and me got in our sneakers and actually walk all the way from our house to Bandar Seri Putra (to be precise - kedai mamak Haseena for breakfast - just one block from our new office). Since Aliyah is with her Mak Long, we have all morning. The walk took us 40minutes and the first leg was 3.3km. Not so far but the walk was really challenging - up and down the route that we normally take when we drive.

After breakfast (roti canai!), we walked back via shortcuts - through the houses and shops and then turn to Mawar Apartment and down the hill straight to our house. That took us less about 20mins and only 1.7kms.

I'm seriously considering walking to the office when we move so that I'll get this "compulsory" exercise. Or maybe cycle. Should take only 15mins I guess. Must get Miqdam the Contractor to install shower at the toilet for taking bath after the exercise.

Really hope to get off my bum and start losing weight!
Snapped pix of our home from the hill before we went down the slopes.

Comments