Skip to main content

Of Results

It is a day of exam results.

My niece Nurul got 3As and 2Bs for her UPSR. I had just dropped Aliyah at school today, made a U-turn and saw her waving frantically. Took her home - with me being the first person she shared her results with. (I think she's one of the few who didn't have parents with her at school today).

With the rough times she's been going through this year - parents separating, siblings problem, financial constraints (can't afford to go to tuition), and many other stuff, that is such an excellent result. I am very proud of her. To me - that is the "true" results of a student - so so so much better than the "drilled" down students who scored all As who are byproducts of tuition centers.

Aliyah got her report card today. She got no 10! She got her BM, English, Maths, Science = A. And her BM Penulisan = B. The other subjects not counted in overall marks are all = A (the usual Arts, etc), Agama = B, and Arab C. I think this year she has improved on her study methods. Even though she still has that "lazy spells" once in a while (cut school), and long MCs, I think she focused in class. She had only a couple of days to study before the final exam due to Nizam's wedding, and she was so relaxed about it. Very proud of her :)

Comments