Skip to main content

Recipe Book Project

A personal project I have yet to start. Some time ago Aliyah told me when she grow up, she'd like to cook just like me and asked me to teach her. Oh wow... terharu I. So, I told her that I'll compile my recipes in a book and give it to her. I have bought a book actually, this thick ring book with plastic cover that I think can withstand age. I was so excited when I bought it, imagined it will become something like Jamie Oliver's with notes and sketches.

But then, my handwriting is so so bad nowadays. Seriously bad. And to think that I used to have nice handwriting. Let's see... I type faster than I write even though I use my own method - nope, didn't attend any typping lessons after SPM. Last week, my thumb ached because I wrote a few pages of sebutharga. I even thought of typing, printing, cutting and pasting onto the sebutharga form. Might be faster and less painful.

Aliyah has been asking about her recipe book. When oh when will Mommy start writing the book? Busy is always the excuse. But things have started to slow down a bit, I must start on the book. My plan - I'll type, then print, then cut and then paste onto the book. Maybe cut some nice pictures to go with the recipe. Or maybe even take photos or actual dish, get them printed and then paste.

Huge project. For my little sweetheart. Something I can pass down to her one fine day. I am so proud she actually asked me for the recipe book.

Comments