Skip to main content

We Await the Change... If Any...

I had an interesting conversation with my father this morning. I've always known him to be a true UMNO man and supporter of the BN Government. A true ex-public servant. He oppose disruption of peace, having seen his fair share of 13th May. One day a few weeks ago, I was sitting with him reading the papers when he suddenly said, "[Sigh] What should we do about Nuar?". I said, "Nuar who?". "Anwar Ibrahim". (I ingat Nuar mana ler). He doesn't like what's he's doing.

Anyway, this morning he voiced his disappointment with the big management. He doesn't believe in Anwar. But he finally admitted that BN has gone weak. He said BN must strengthen themselves. There are too many people talking, and they don't talk about the same things. In the end, someone will need to amend things. Listening to his opinions, I pun sokong lah. I mean, I have felt the same way about the Government since the 8th March election. But of course I don't tell my father my piece of mind. Nanti susah nak debate woo...

But hearing my old man said such things is very sad actually. It's like finally admitting defeat and accepting the truth. And this is the person who defends the big management with his sweat and blood. The kind of person who went up to an Ustaz who gave ceramah at our kampung masjid favouring the other side and gave him his piece of mind. That is my father.

I'm of course in no position to do any analysis and what-nots. I'm just someone small from the millions of rakyat who are sick and tired of all the charades. We want to move on and live.

This sums up my thoughts: Next Episode: Change of Government.

Comments