Skip to main content

Asyik Nak Berdemo Jer... What Have We Become?

Saw on TV yesterday this huge group of UiTM students berkumpul secara aman at pejabat SUK Selangor membantah proposal Menteri Besar nak bagi 10% quota to non-Bumi to enter UiTM. I really don't see the point actually. Seriously. I nak tulis banyak-banyak nanti ada laks orang ex- or current UiTM students belasah I. But then, hey, I was from UiTM previously juga. I was at PPP Section 17 Shah Alam from 1989 - 1992.

Just that I feel ever since the March election, we have become a very sensitive nation, or should I say try to be a very sensitive nation. Asal ada je ruang, nak berdemo. This was not the culture then. And I personally don't like this kind of culture because more often than not, the reason to demo is so trivial and you people end up inconveniencing other people. Unless you have fetish for traffic jam. I don't.

Back to UiTM kan, macam ni lah. Menteri Besar Selangor yang baru tu baru bercakap sepatah. Jangan la kelam-kabut nak menunjukkan kita ni sensitive sangat sampai terus buat petition bagai. Why don't you just investigate the way things work. He is the Menteri Besar of Selangor. Apa kuasa dia untuk kacau UiTM? Even Pah Lah today said the same thing. If I were the MPP of UiTM, I would just issue a press statement on behalf of the thousands of UiTM students membantah the "proposal" (dia sebut je, tak buat proper proposal pun) and then observe the situation closely maybe calling for daily press conference. I believe this is more professional. Lagi lah nampak yang students of UiTM very mature, cool and in control. This way, the Menteri Besar might end up looking like a fool in the hands of such professionals.

That's what I feel lah. Asalkan jangan kacau route I have to take to go places sudah... Then I naik angin. Some people need to work you know. Go for meetings, conduct trainings, earn a decent living.

Comments