Skip to main content

Will Things Change?

I managed to catch up with my father this afternoon about the election results. My father is the person I call "Mr-Know-It-All". He's a walking history book and he can talk hours and hours about history, politics and most interestingly what he calls inside stories or what I actually call political gossips. It was good to listen to his views, the man who has seen so much. But it was also a pity to see him scrutinizing all the newspapers and listening tentatively to the news on TV while giving comments after comments. I wonder if he expected to experience this kind of phenomenon in his lifetime. Maybe not. It was a shock to him as much as to many other people.

OK, I'm actually feeling a little bit better. On the state level the BA has swiftly moved into action and started building their own Government. I had expected some tussle and tumbles and hair pulling on who should lead and stuff like that. So far so surprisingly good. Perhaps they actually are well-prepared. I have downloaded some of their "promises" and let's now see whether they will be kept.

Even though my father commented that now the Government has become weak, I look at it from a positive point of view. With more oppositions in Parliament, there'll be surely more "ketelusan" and "perdebatan" before anything ie acts, policies, budgets, etc gets passed. More check and balance. And less stupid and unnecessary remarks made by male chauvinists.

I was depressed this morning because I have at least 2 potential contracts in jeopardy, contracts I was supposed to get letters of awards next week... Insyallah if the rezeki is mine, I'll get it. Kalau tak, I terima je lah dengan hati yang terluka, eh, terbuka...

Comments