Skip to main content

"Political Tsunami"?

I switched off the TV at 12.30am last night. I had migraine and had to sleep. However, I knew I'll wake up to and breathe a different air this morning. "Political tsunami" is the word I've been hearing and reading all morning.

Personally, it's a mixed feeling. A few major states are now in the hands of the BA including Selangor. I have this heavy thingy in my chest. I feel scared. A safety blanket has been pulled off from my life. It's now a time of uncertainty. At the same time, a wave of change is crashing and perhaps, perhaps and I pray for it, that it will come as a blessing. Perhaps it will bring true change for the benefit of the rakyat. I pray for it. For the sake of my family and the future of the country.

Shahrizat lost. I love this woman. It's a huge lost to women's voice in this country. I hope whoever replaced her will have the same guts. Samy Vellu - about time. Former Menteri Penerangan - shouldn't have mocked the Internet community in the first place, this is what they can do to you.

I personally feel BN was not prepared for this election. Look at Penang. BN can't even announce their CM candidate before the election. How do you expect people to vote you when you don't look ready to lead the state? Perhaps the word "not prepared" is not correct. "Over-confident"? Did you catch the TV3 commentary at around 11.30pm onwards? My salute to the two speakers. Love the term "warlords" used. Guess you know who that was targeted to. And the BN must, must do a postmortem with open hearts and minds. This is the voice of the rakyat. No matter what you've done in the past, something is seriously wrong somewhere that needs rectification.

It's going to be a turbulent time for all of us. The transitions, the adjustments... God help us all, as a nation.

Comments

dcharmed said…
Yeahh i watched the tv3 commentary too... seriously the speakers to mmg brilliant kan?! so impressed dengan setiap komentar yang diberikan... and agreeed with most of it... Haisshhh... we wait and see lah... how much different can they bring... :|
Aniza said…
Let's hope for the best. Selalu asyik "membangkang" je, this time around they will have to prove themselves. Rakyat dah kasi chance gunakan lah sebaiknya...

Watched Analisis Pilihanraya kat RTM1 just now. Dah semua TV tunjuk entah apa2. Good analysis but I got so irritated with the moderator. Ko dah kasik peluang orang telefon tapi kelam-kabut nak cut off and suruh orang cakap cepat2. Mcm tu lagi baik tak yah suruh orang telefon.
Anonymous said…
the people have spoken but i think they spoke too much. don't think they expected to gain as much as this. yes sharizat was a pity but it was said that she expected to lose as early as 6pm. BN not ready for the election? no. overconfident? yes. especially samy 'the man' vellu. may God give guidance to the new people for our ownsake. Paklah & the gang will have to check back their ego and 'untouchable' thinking. serve them right.