Skip to main content

They Actually Intercept Radio Frequency

I was in the Smart Tunnel yesterday morning on the way to KL for our Time Management training when something funny happened. I was listening to a song on the radio when suddenly the song just stopped and the voice of a man loomed over. The man gave a full salam "Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh...". I was so shocked. The voice sounded like the "Penyimpan Mohor Besar" guy with sad, slow and solemn note like he's announcing the start of bulan puasa.

I switched station and found all stations carry the same voice. My first reaction was - "Oh my God, someone died. Someone must have died but who?". The "Penyimpan Mohor Besar" proceeded with salam sejahtera greeting and all the while my heart was beating like I've run a mile. "Please don't announce a death", I said to myself. This must be real bad as all radio stations carry the same thing. Then, the "Penyimpan Mohor Besar" said - "laluan ke Jalan Tun Razak agak sesak, sila pastikan anda mengikut lorong yang betul".

What!!! It was actually an announcement by the Smart Tunnel people! I didn't know there's such a thing and that they invade the radio frequency when you drive in the tunnel. Cool. I was shocked but that was cool. So, that's how they warn drivers if there's any emergencies in the tunnel. And then I let out a loud crazy relief laugh at myself the drivers around might think I'm mad. A note to the Smart Tunnel management - pick a lively and perky announcer will you?

Comments