Skip to main content

Cinta

I just read Cinta won the best film for Malaysia Film Festival. While it might not be the best movie around, it's actually quite good. I watched it several times on Astro Showcase a few months ago. It's nice that finally Malaysia produced a movie of my liking, even though the director is not a Malaysian. So is the screenplay writer I think.

If I were given a chance to produce a movie, I would come up with a movie that :
1. has several stories, inter-related and not-related at all, at one time - like Cinta, Love Actually or the Korean movie I like so much Sad Movie, or
2. has a lot of things going on but everything happen in one day like Oscar - that's one of the funniest movie I've ever watched.
That would be a real challenge.

Anyway, back to "cinta", real love is unconditional. Of the 5 or so stories in the movie, the best is the love story between the old couple - Rahim Razali and Fatimah Abu Bakar. So sincere. And based on companionship.

I remember years ago when I was in NST, I joined this orienteering competition held at Bukit Cerakah. A few of us from ITP went including a married couple - Chooi and Janet. Chooi was one of the reporters (he's the one who signed on behalf of the company I told about last time), while Janet was in sales. Chooi is a skinny guy whereas Janet is a bit plump and actually bigger than her husband.

That night we camped and pitched 2 tents for the girls and the guys. I always can't sleep in a new place, so I sat outside the tents with Chooi and talked. Janet and the other girls were all asleep in the girl's tent. The flap opened a bit and from where we sat, we can actually see Janet sleeping. We talked about a lot of stuff and finally we reached "relationship" topic. He talked about his relationship with his wife and at one point we heard some funny loud noises. We both turned, looked at the tent and saw that Janet was actually snoring with her mouth open. Chooi just smiled, looked at his snoring wife affectionately and said: "You know what, aku sayang sangat dengan dia tu".

That was the most sincere love expression I have ever heard in my life.

Comments