Skip to main content

I Need To Wear Specs

All these while I've always perasan that my eyes are perfect 20/20. I've always have glare problem, so driving at night is a little bit irritating. But then one day Aimy made a remark that made me notice that I might be actually long-sighted. I was composing SMS and she said - "Tak payah le pegang phone tu jauh sangat, macam rabun dekat je. Tu orang yang 40+ je kena". That's when I tested putting the phone nearer to my eyes and realized that the words are blurry.

So, last weekend, we went to this optometrist to check out polaroid eyeglasses so that I can reduce the glare problem. Dah best-best pilih, I thought of doing an eye check-up, so pegi lah check mata. Not the simple look into a machine and got a computerized slip tu, the thorough one. Know what - I'm actually rabun dekat, rabun jauh and glare - all bundle into one. The rabun dekat might be caused by my exposure to computer screen - what, since 1995? The rabun jauh - I dunno. Things look pretty clear to me, but then bila buat eye test baru lah tau tak lah perfect eye sight.

So, that's the problem why I've been having persistent headache lately. Kesian my eye muscles, kena kerja keras. Now that I know this, baru lah tau why my eyes are always so tired macam orang tak cukup tidur.

But me wearing specs? I look horrible. Specs can put 5 years extra to your age. Dah la memang dah aged! Tapi kena lah kan. So, I opted for the 4-in-1 specs - dekat, jauh, glare and UV protection that can act like a sunglass. I had to fork out 1k plus for the specs. Mahalnyaaaa.... That polaroid specs baru 200+.

Anyway, I'll be getting the specs in 1 weeks' time. Meantime, I'm gonna eat lotsa carrots.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It comes with wisdom :)
dcharmed said…
huhuhu... welcome to the "club" kak... pakai spec bingkai tebal2 gitu... baru nampak "mama rock"! huhuhuhuh
Aniza said…
Wisdom comes with age. Age comes with deteriorating eye sight :).

Tak nak la spec rock tebal mcm Cikgu Bedah tu. Pakai kecik2 perasan mcm budak U! hehehe...
Anonymous said…
So mana spec baru?
Aniza said…
Spec baru simpan dalam beg :)