Skip to main content

Today's My Wedding Anniversary

Today - I've been married for 7 years. We started seeing each other in our 2nd year of college, so I've been with him for 16 long years. 16? Lamanya... The relationship has gone through ups and downs, happiness and sadness, separation but never break-up. Yup, never. We were once separated for 8 months when he got posted to Labuan. Other than that, we were always together.

Hubby remembered. Hmm... good for him. Kalau tak... Yesterday I rushed over to Alamanda to find a present. Budget pun tak berapa nak ada. Thought of buying him something intimate - pyjamas. But then the sizes they had were way, way too big. Then I resorted to night T and boxers. Pun sama - no size. Apparently the M sizes are always sold out. I was so tired of going around not to mention stressed out waiting for Casfian to finish up a client's website, finally I resorted to buying a T shirt with a zip at the neck. He doesn't have one of those. So unromantic, but can do lah.

He didn't buy me anything which I didn't really mind. There's a lot to pay this month and we are really short. He's paying for lawyer's fees for the loan of our new house, and there's another 3K to pay stamp duties. Me - I got no salary this month. Really hope this client pays me soon if not I'll be dead broke.

Anyway, dinner was at the normal place. I was fasting yesterday so we didn't really go any fancy restaurant to celebrate. Hmm...

Thinking back - I'm really grateful to be married to him. He still says he loves me almost every day. Kisses me before he goes to work - with me all groggy and smelly and hair all sticking out in the morning getting Sarah to wake up for school.

Hoping to grow old together and still very much in love.

Comments

dcharmed said…
gee...:) happy anniversary sis!
Assalamualaikum!! Belated congrats to both of you. Semoga Allah kurniakan keimanan, rahmat dan berkat yang berkekalan.

10 feb ni my 21st annivesary, boleh lah jadikan contoh kalau nak :)

Tough times never last, tough people do :)
Aniza said…
Oh no, you found me! Thanks for the wish :) Yes, you're a good example. You don't have that famous 7-year itch. I'm trying to detect the signs of "itch" in my hubby, so far so good.