Skip to main content

Sarah's Concert & Reportcard Day

Lamaaaanya tak tulis entry. Very, very the busy. My project at the client's office has started to scare me. Bulan lepas macam tak ada kerja sangat, so la-la-la-la je lah. This month and December will be hectic rasa macam tak cukup masa nak siapkan.

Anyway, nak recall story about Sarah's concert on 18 November. In her message book, she's supposed to be in choir. So, that morning I woke up at 6.15am. I was so anxious, suspen. Padahal yang nak perform not me. Apa la... Dah siap iron her school uniform, kapur her school shoes, etc. By 8am Sarah was ready with her crisp uniform, ultra white shoes and socks and loads of make-up. Yes, we mothers are supposed to put on make-up on our kids.

I sent her to KUIS auditorium and then went back. Hubby came at 9.30am to pick me up (he's at this exhibition at Marriot) and off we went to watch our daughter's very first concert.

Sarah is a very shy child, so I expected her to act the same on stage. The auditorium was full maybe about 100 people. I prayed she won't faint! Her performance was the first and I was surprised. The kids went up stage and she was the last. She was giggling with her friend, looked up to the audience and grinned and giggled. So cute! And she sang confidently, still grinning all the time.

The 2nd performance of her class was a dance and she was in it too. Apparently the girl who's supposed to dance was always absent (ada jugak budak yang malas datang sekolah lagi teruk dari anak aku!), so Sarah took her place. She wore this nice black dress with glittering squins. The dance was funny because she paired with this big boy. One of the steps was that they hold hands and kick to the left and right. And this boy was pulling and kicking her legs. Kesian anak aku, dah le kurus.

That was a good concert and I was so proud of her :)

The next day was reportcard day. Sarah got number 8. Last semester she got number 5. Tu la, malas pegi sekolah.

Now the holidays have started with us with no plans for vacation. Nak pindah rumah pakai banyak duitlah.

Comments