Skip to main content

The Not So Fantastic Beasts...

I wonder if I'm the only one who finds the movie not up to expectation? Aliyah thinks so too. The months of excitement leading up to the movie just fell flat. I mean, I'm not saying it's not good at all. It's fantastic as the movie should be. In fact, it's one of the best movies around this past half year. Perhaps Harry Potter series has put the standards too far up that Fantastic Beasts just can't cope with the pressure. 

But I must say I love the character Kowalski. I think his performance is worthy to be compared with Professor Slughorn in The Half-Blood Prince. As for the beasts in the movie - I only read the book once. And it was in PDF format :). While I think the book was funny and entertaining, I can't really relate what I've read to the beasts that came to life. Not much of a fan of the animals.

Anyway, Aliyah and I both agreed that it's not worth watching for the second time. Hope the next movie will be a bomb. Because our favourite actor made that short end-of-the-movie appearance that made up for the disappointment :).
How many times did we dine at Sushi King this month? I've lost count! She's crazy over those cute and delicious Hanjuku Cheese Cakes.

Comments