Skip to main content

Rendang Suka Hati

Aliyah's friends are coming over tomorrow. I'm so over cooking spaghetti for them. Even though I know they love it. I saja yang dah tak lalu makan. So, malam ni menjadi host yang awesome dengan memasak rendang ayam dan nasi impit. There's a container of frozen kuah satay Hj Samuri in the freezer for them too. Kiranya esok macam buat open house Hari Raya :). In return, the girls will have to make me cheese cake!
Rendang ayam siap!

Sometimes I'm asked - rendang apa ni? My answer is always - rendang suka hati. Sebab suka hati I je masak letak apa. Hehehe... Ikut mood dan apa yang ada dalam pantry. But then, I don't cook rendang conventionally. Unorthodox kata orang :). Because there are 2 ingredients that I like to put in my rendang that I think no one else ever put. 

1) Belacan. Yup, I like to put a little bit of belacan in my rendang. Tu pasal bila masak baunya combination rendang dan sambal tumis! 

2) Coriander leaves. Daun ketumbar. I love coriander leaves. Baru discover a few years ago bila makan Hj Tapah selalu jumpa daun tu dalam kari ayam or kambing. Usually I would chop the hard parts and blend them with the rest of the shallots, garlic, ginger and what-nots. In Thai cooking, they use the roots. Sometimes kalau roots tu sangat bersih, putih dan cantik, I memang guna. Tapi kalau brown siap dengan dirt memang tak confident nak blend! The rest of the leaves I will chop and add when the rendang is finally cooked. 

So, rendang apa nak panggil tu?

Comments