Skip to main content

Teringat...

I had  a meeting today. It was one of the series of meetings to gather requirements for this project I'm currently doing. Right after the meeting, I rushed to join the client's project team to meet up with this Ketua Penolong Pengarah Kanan of this particular department to verify a few issues.

We sat at a discussion table outside his room. I sat at the far end and immediately noticed his watch. It was silver, with a big face. Exactly like the watch my late father used to wear. I know it very well because I accompanied him to buy the watch a few years ago. I chose Titus for him, just like my watch. I don't know the brand of that officer's watch but from a far it sure looked the same.

Coincidentally, the name of the officer is Yaakob. Just like my father. The spelling is a bit different tho. And I remember my father held the very same position at one particular ministry before he retired.

I sat there nodding to the discussion. Not much notes to take anyway because there was no resolution to the issue. But I sat there thinking of my father. And of how much I miss him :(.

Comments