Skip to main content

Roasted Potatoes My Style

This is Aliyah's current favourite potatoes dish. It's very easy to make, easier than the one I learned to make watching Jamie Oliver cook Christmas feast. A friend shared the recipe which she took from Food Network. But as always, I like to change things my way :)

This recipe doesn't require you to boil the potatoes. Just dump them into a roasting pan. Can even share the pan with roasted chicken - even delicious because of the juices from the chicken.

- 5-6 potatoes - peeled. I use regular potatoes. If you get the baby potatoes even better. No need to peel.
- some thyme or rosemary (which ever you prefer)
- salt & pepper
- chopped garlic
- olive oil

Put potato in between 2 chopsticks and slice thinly but not fully sliced (hence the reason for putting the chopsticks).
Mix potatoes with herbs, chopped garlic, salt & pepper and olive oil.
Put in roasting pan. Roast for 25 minutes at 180. I cook till slightly browned.
Optional: sprinkle some Parmesan cheese while the potatoes are still hot. Aliyah likes them this way :). I also like to garnish with chopped coriander leaves.

Comments