Skip to main content

Happy Belated Birthday to Meeeee...

I celebrated my birthday on Saturday. My 43rd birthday. I got fewer birthday wishes this year because I disabled my birthday on Facebook. I really don't know how to respond to such wishes - err... TQVM? TQ?... It is also a test. To see who really remember my birthday. The verdict? Even though you might keep your friends' birthdates, nowadays people simply rely on FB notification. Seriously.

Out of the many, many friends, only one friend wished me. And she wished me a day in advance, as she always have - Aida. I guess she has the wrong date in her calendar. Or she has the time zone wrong! Hehe... but it's nice to get a wish from a friend who actually keeps my birthdate in her calendar.

How I spent the day? Doing nothing much. Hubby had to work. I stayed home with Aliyah. Thought of going out for lunch but it rained the whole day. Aliyah even dozed off a few hours and then came down looking really guilty. So I reheat last week's spaghetti sauce and we had spaghetti for lunch. Late afternoon we baked cupcakes. And after Hubby came back from the shop, we had pizza from Dominos.

That's basically how I spent my day. I guess after hearing about one of my ex-hostelmate whom I was quite close to then being diagnosed with lung cancer stage 4 (she just got admitted to hospital last week and got to know last Friday), I just don't feel like celebrating. I spent the day offering prayers to her while watching the falling rain, wishing for some miracles from Allah, for her to get better. Insyaallah...
Simple yellow cake/pound cake in cups. My mother's foolproof recipe.

Comments