Skip to main content

Biking Always a Challenge

Semangat nak bangun dan bersiap pun dah kira challenge, inikan pulak biking. Malas memanjang. Yesterday did an 18-km cycle from our shop to Nilai Impian and back. This time around is a huge challenge sebab Hubby lalu route yang berbukit (instead of the safe one we usually take). 3 things on my mind while biking yesterday:

1) Riding up hills can release whatever psychological pressure inside your chest. You ride up the hill dengan mencungap-cungap and cursing (why oh why did I wake up early to torture myself to death?). And all these negative thoughts will come out. I hate this, I hate that, I hate my spouse who rides next to me forcing me not to use the easy gears, I hate not having this and that. Negative thoughts keep coming out and replaced with positive ones. I am not going to give up, I will cycle and cycle up this hill, I will not let this small stupid hill laugh at me, I will continue cycling, just a few meters more, I will not stop and show any weaknesses, I can do this, I have overcome much bigger problems in life and this small hill is going to be a breeze (or a wheeze). And after conquering it, it feels so good.

2) We stopped at Nilai 3 wet market. I had a dream a few weeks ago that I found my long lost cat Fabian there. In the dream he was just as he was - clean and fat - and he remembered me, and he came to my arms. I hugged and kissed him. We just cycled around the market looking out for a white and orange cat. Of course we didn't find him. I don't know what I was expecting to find but I just had to look out. Just in case...

3) We saw a group of Pakistani workers playing cricket at a field near Nilai 3. Cricket? Amazing.

Comments