Skip to main content

Around the House

Happenings around the house...

I'm currently reading Eat, Pray, Love - 3rd part. I'm finally in Bali. Italy was awesome, India was a bit boring, but Bali is seriously interesting. I can just imagine the place, especially that Lizz Gilbert stayed in Ubud. I love Ubud. It was like stepping into history. It felt like Mr Bean (Mr Bean's Holiday) waking that morning to the shooting of that WW1 commercial! She said in her book - people who come to Ubud are "classy" compared to the tourists who sip pina colada by the surf. (I must thank Yatt for taking me to Ubud on our 1st part of our holiday last time). I wish I can visit Bali again...

Let's see... I've started cycling again. I've stopped cycling for some unknown reason. I bought a new pair of cycling shoes to get riding again but only get to try on the pair yesterday - after 2 months I think. Felt good. Must continue. 

I hope to lose some weight by cycling. My weight has been stagnant for years - no up or down. I don't diet, I don't exercise much, I only get my eye sight deteriorating by spending so much time in front of my laptop. If only working on my laptop can reduce weight, I would have the body of a supermodel right now. But I think I've lost 1kg and my jeans is not that tight anymore. Why? Because I've stopped eating rice at night. I only eat rice during the day. At night it's simple light food. 
One of our typical night meals - sambal sardin, garlic parsley potatoes, sauteed mushrooms eaten with bread (only wish it's wholemeal but Aliyah doesn't like it). Sometimes breakfast food at dinner - toasts with baked beans and eggs. Nowadays, puff pastry is another staple food.  
Our cats behave quite well around the house. They don't get up on the table because they don't eat human food. Some times I tried giving leftovers but they just ignored. Now, these two are BFFs.

Comments