Skip to main content

Riding Again

Honestly, I have not ridden my bike for months. Yup, despite my pledge that this year I'm going to get myself healthier. It's always - weather's too hot, not well, busy, got deadline, it's raining, and many, many more reasons. Today, after days of planning, I finally went out for a ride. It was supposed to be in the morning but it rained. After sending Aliyah to her tuition at school, we went to the office for a while. Work. Never ending.

There's this new thingy that we are doing. I believe this will work. Because our partner offered to develop it and do profit sharing. This stuff must be good then!

Anyway, we rode to my favourite route - Sg Buah. I love that route, despite having to pass through a stretch of small road by the river heavily filled with garbage to get straight to Sg Buah. The place is still a traditional kampung - single lane roads, with orchards - durian, rambutan..., a bailey bridge to cross Sg Langat, a small stream along the road, kandang lembu and kambing, kampung houses... People smiling and putting up their hand as we pass... And then off to the now-abandoned bungalow lots (there are a few houses though) of Emville, then up to the short off-road route of palm oil trees up to the KLIA highway, then back again. We clocked 16kms today. Funny, usually it was around 14km the most. Must be the off-road route.

However, one thing that I cherish most whenever I ride this route is to pass by the village mosque, knowing that at the opposite side, a short walk away is where my beloved grandparents rest. I will turn my head towards the small exit on the left - nothing much to see except for trees - say my salam to Atok and Enek, and recite Al-Fatihah (while gasping for breath, that is).

Comments