Skip to main content

Meeting an Ex-Colleague

We took the day off today to take Aliyah out for a movie. She quietly said to me yesterday, if possible, can she stay home on Wednesday. She must be so bored spending time at the office. My poor little girl. We decided, instead of spending Wednesday at home, let's take today day off to watch a movie. Deep inside, I proposed that because I don't know what our schedule will be like this week. Don't want her to be frustrated...

Anyway, after the movie (which I will talk about later), we had late lunch at Sushi King (where else?). I noticed a few seats away, an ex-colleague during my ex-company earlier days - Anita with her two kids. She was then our legal officer. She was about to pay when I caught her eyes and waved. Her face lit up and she came to our table, happily asking about us. She has always been a warm person. We exchanged name cards. She now operates her own Montessori at the kondos at IOI Resort. I know she has always been a person who loves kids.

However, what made the meeting a heart-warming one was the fact that she looked at my card, recited my company name, looked at me and said: "Siapa bagi nama company ni? Must be you!". I said, "Yup, it's Latin". She grinned and said, "I knew it!". She then said she too has a Latin name to consider. I can't remember what but she said it means "intelligent".

My conclusion: women are really good at this!

Comments