Skip to main content

Selamat Hari Raya, Maaf Zahir Batin

Just would like to wish everybody Selamat Hari Raya & Maaf Zahir Batin.

Insyaallah, my day will start very early this morning. My father is not well, so I'm taking over his usual duties - to go to the market to get santan, kerisik, chicken and other stuff.

Yesterday morning, I was still in bed when I got a call from my father. He said he's at An Nur Hospital with my brother Angah. I immediately asked - what's wrong with my mother. But then he said (cheerfully) that he's the one who's sick. I was confused. I mean, my father never falls sick.

I got to know later that he's been cutting grass for 3 days in a row. And that morning, he was taking a bath when he dropped the soap, tried to pick it up and sprained his waist. We went to see him after he came back from the hospital. He was better, could talk (animatedly telling everybody how painful his waist was, etc, while my mother watched and mouthed to me - he couldn't even talk early this morning...).

My father was supposed to get the ketupat and beef yesterday, but he couldn't because of his pain. Just 2 days before he told me about getting the ketupat because Hari Raya without ketupat will not feel like Hari Raya. So, hubby and me went to get the ketupat. Alhamdulillah, we didn't have to brave the traffic to go to Kajang market because we got it from Bdr Baru Bangi market. And for some strange reason, we got it very cheap. Must be rezeki my father.

Now, come morning, another trip to the market for more stuff...

I watched my father walk with a walking stick yesterday and just overnight he seemed to age. He's always the one who takes good care of his health. He's always the one who is strong and tough. But yesterday, he looked so fragile and old. And for the first time in many years, he skipped solat terawih at the mosque. Suddenly, my heart just felt so heavy. This strange sadness is creeping inside me...

I pray for my parents' health...

Comments