Skip to main content

This and That

We were at Chow Kit, err... Kuantan again yesterday for another day trip. The project has progressed and now is content gathering activity. I am starting to get worried - can we finish this in time? But then, I always get worried. We managed to get agreements stamped and submitted our first invoice. I hope the payment comes in very very soon. Cash is really low nowadays.

The source I was hoping to get payment from is delay-dallying. It's been 8 months already wooiii, bayarlah! Some people just never learn kan! That's me actually. Dah kena banyak kali dengan my previous employer but I never learn. Know why? It's not because of the company, it's the people. They are friends. Every time they offer, I will always accept because they are my friends. Even though I know the payment will be hell to ask from.

My company is so cash-strapped, I (almost!) resorted to surrendering my insurance policy I've had since 1998, hoping to cash-in the surrender value. I'm not comfortable borrowing money from anybody. I need a lot, sapa nak bagi pinjam 4 figures! So, there I was this morning at Menara AIA and help comes in many wondrous ways. Instead of surrendering, the customer service consultant advised me to get a loan - from my surrender value. I have just 7 years to go before my insurance matured, so it's a waste she said. So, the deal was - I borrow from that surrender value with interest 0f 7% per annum, pay back whenever I want, whatever amount I want, tak kisah. Oh wow... know why? Because I am actually borrowing my own money! With 7% interest! Yahudi betul lah AIA nih. But then, dah Yahudi je yang nak tolong I, I accept je lah. The process was pronto. I'll get a cheque next week. Hmmm...

Comments